Friday, June 18, 2010

Prayers for a friend

Dear friends!

I feel compelled to write today as I ponder on a friend of mine, who is having heart surgery this morning in London, ON.

Not so long ago, say September 20th 2006, I was in her situation awaiting to be taken down to the surgical floor. While I was sitting in my hospital bed in Montreal, praying that God would find favor in me and heal me, a friend in Thunder Bay organized a prayer vigil for me and many gathered praying for me. That day a huge peace came over me and my husband Paul. I am a living testimony that prayer works!

Coming back to my friend, she has had several surgeries over the years but not on her heart. I can appreciate and fully understand if you find the wait overbearing and nerve wracking. I can relate with you. Keep your eyes unto the Lord because He delights in his children.

The first piece of scripture I thought of as I was praying for you this morning was "The Lord is My Shepherd, I shall not be in want. (That means you already have everything in Him) He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." When we give our lives up to the Lord he can restore it and us and he takes great pleasure in showing his Beauty and Love through us! You are blessed my friend to have a savior as sweet and as powerful as Jesus. You have the Lion and the Lamb on your side!

As for her family who awaits by her side, these scriptures apply to you as well. Remember that her life is in the best hands and that Jesus is the Great physician today. He is in control and nothing escapes him. Find peace in His love where I know your family's foundation lies.

I love you all, Paul and I are praying for you and Let the Lord of the Universe comfort you this day!

In Christ we are more than conquerors!

2 comments:

Michele Pare said...

I also know, only too well, the anxiety that this friend of yours and her family is going thru. I will also keep them in my prayers and thank you Steph for bringning them to our attention.

Love Mum xoxoxo

Paul & Steph said...

Thanks mum! All is well. She is now back home! I can understand how you could relate too! I love you for seeing me through all my trials! You're the best!