Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Week!

Hello Family and friends!

I have been pondering all week end on the marvelous Love of Jesus. His empowering Love which pierced through our hearts and continues to do so every day. More so, His sacrificial Love that we are preparing to celebrate in less than a week from now!

Let us be reminded of Jesus' words on the cross: "Forgive them Father for they do not know what they are doing."

If I was hanging from a tree with nails pierced in my hands and feet and people mocking me below, it would not be my first reaction to forgive those who were hurting me. THAT is how we know that Jesus is truly God.

Let us be reminded of His great Love for us and the cost that comes with true forgiveness! As we believe in Christ and The Salvation he offered on that Cross, it may not have been costly to us but it was costly for Our Lord. It would not have been JUST for God the Father to have no payment for our sins...Only we did not pay for them. In THIS truth do I rejoice and find Peace, and yet feel sad for my sweet Lord and his sufferings.

Thank you Father for forgiving me and considering me your child on the basis of your perfect Son's sacrifice on the Cross. Help me find TRUE meaning in my life on that Truth alone. That gratitude would be the fruit of a thankful heart.

Happy Easter week and let us find strength at Jesus' Feet!

Stephanie!

No comments: