Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior,
who is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:11)


Merry Christmas to all of you!

Here we are, in Montreal, celebrating Christmas with my family (Steph). Last night (December 24th) we had a very scrumptious meal with my sister Marie-Claire, my brother-in-law, Will, their children Emma (4 ½) and Sabri (4 months), my mother, Michèle, and her husband, Richard. We arrived on December 19th, almost a week ago, and since then Paul and I have gotten more acquainted with our niece and nephew. We are very blessed to be here in Montreal celebrating the birth of our King. We have been able to catch up on our sleep, rest and play and read plenty of books about princesses! And this does not include the last minute shopping!

The Lord has shown me himself through Scripture on this trip. I was reading the Gospel accounts about the birth of Christ and encountered the Peace of my salvation in these Scriptures! Matthew starts with Jesus’ history and family tree, while Luke focuses on the coming of the Christ with John the Baptist’s birth. Mark skips directly to Jesus’ ministry and John takes on a different point of view and gives us the beginning of time when Jesus was and was to come. John almost starts with a prophesy of Jesus’ coming. No matter what Gospel you read, it points to Jesus’ birth and purpose for the salvation of sinners. I know that this is what the Gospels are all about and it may seem bizarre to point out, but in this Christmas season it opened my eyes to Jesus as the ‘I AM’, the One spoken of by the prophets, the Promise and the one showing us he keeps His Word with the Truth.

"'Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call him Immanuel' which means God with us." (Matthew 1:23)

Glory be to Our God and Saviour: Merry Christmas!

Love,

Steph and Paul

No comments: